Tragus piercings are becoming increasingly popular as body modifications. Not only do they look aesthetically pleasing, but they can also be used to clean out your ear wax. Since ear wax is a natural part of the human body, it’s important to know how to properly clean it out. Doing so can help keep your ears healthy and free from infection. In this article, we’ll discuss some tips and tricks for successfully cleaning ear wax out of your tragus piercing.
Before attempting to clean your ear wax out of your tragus piercing, it’s important to make sure that you’re using the right tools for the job. The most commonly used tools for this are cotton swabs and a pair of tweezers. Cotton swabs are ideal for getting in the crevices of the tragus piercing and removing any ear wax that has built up. Tweezers, on the other hand, are great for removing larger pieces of ear wax. It’s important to make sure that you’re using clean tools when cleaning out your tragus piercing to avoid introducing bacteria into your ear.
Step-by-Step Guide for Cleaning Ear Wax with Tragus Piercing
Once you’ve gathered the necessary tools, you can begin the process of cleaning out your ear wax from your tragus piercing. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Step 1: Preparing the Area
The first step is to make sure that the area is clean and free of dirt and debris. You can do this by using a cotton swab dipped in warm water and gently wiping around the tragus piercing. This will help remove any dirt or bacteria that may be present.
Step 2: Removing Ear Wax
Once the area is clean, you can proceed to remove any ear wax that has built up. You can use a cotton swab or tweezers to gently remove the ear wax from the tragus piercing. Be sure to use gentle pressure when doing this to avoid damaging the piercing.
Step 3: Cleaning the Area
After the ear wax has been removed, you should clean the area with a cotton swab dipped in warm water. This will help remove any residual ear wax that may have been left behind.
Step 4: Sterilizing the Piercing
The last step is to sterilize the tragus piercing. You can do this by using an alcohol-based solution, such as rubbing alcohol, and wiping the piercing with a cotton swab. This will help keep the piercing clean and free of bacteria.
Tips for Cleaning Ear Wax with Tragus Piercing
Here are some additional tips to help you successfully clean your ear wax out of your tragus piercing:
- Be gentle when cleaning the tragus piercing. Use light pressure and avoid scrubbing too hard as this can damage the piercing.
- Use a fresh cotton swab for each step of the cleaning process.
- Change the alcohol-based solution regularly to ensure that it is always sterile.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort during the cleaning process, stop immediately and consult a doctor.
Things to Avoid
When cleaning ear wax from your tragus piercing, there are some things that you should avoid doing. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Do not use cotton swabs that have been used previously. This can introduce bacteria into the piercing.
- Do not use a metal object, such as a paper clip, to remove ear wax from the piercing. This can cause damage to the piercing.
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide or any other harsh chemicals to clean the tragus piercing. These chemicals can irritate the skin and cause infection.
- Do not attempt to clean your tragus piercing if it is inflamed or irritated. Consult a doctor before attempting to clean the area.
Cleaning ear wax out of your tragus piercing is an important part of maintaining your ear health. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can successfully clean your ear wax out of your tragus piercing and keep your ears healthy. Just be sure to use the right tools for the job and avoid introducing bacteria into your ear. With the right knowledge and tools, you can keep your tragus piercing clean and free from infection.